Friday 12 August 2011

Hello out there in Blogland

I am a Blog virgin. It's been a long time since I've been able to use that word in reference to myself. It's also very appropriate to begin my first blog on this date as it would have been my 44th wedding anniversary today. This is a story of widowhood that I would like to share with other widows and widowers. Such a strange word, widow. Doesn't it make you think of spiders and blackness? It makes me think of black lace veils, joyless women, and of course death. The first time I had to write the horrid word in a blank space I nearly choked. "That's not me, I'm a cheerful, bouncy, glittery, warm, and very alive woman!" I was soon to find out that I now lived in a very different world from the one I inhabited for 64 years. A world with no map, no user manual, and darn it, no app!






6 comments:

  1. What a great start to your blog. Keep writing in this vein and you'll soon have a list of faithful followers as long as your arm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus one in the UK stopping by, thanks to Shammickite. The Teddy Bears Picnic Cake you did for the awaited twins, is gorgeous. How clever, the detail was amazing.....regards and all the best with your blog....ann over at studiohyde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that 2 stopping by from the UK thanks to Shammickite.

    That cake really was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! What a great way to start blogging, Glitterfly! I love the way you think and the way you write. Carpe diem, indeed! I wish you much success...which it looks like you already have, based on the cake I just saw over at Sham's site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you. I too am that dreaded "w" word. My dear hubby passed away 13 months ago. Life will never be the same.

    I absolutely love your Teddy Bear's picnic cake. You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! I came over here after seeing your fabulous Teddy Bears Picnic cake on Shammy's blog. You'll get over your grief, but I like it that you're not pushing it under your radar. Lovely writing!

    ReplyDelete